Certificate of Graduation - with Authentication Apostille 卒業証明書


Legalization of Certificate of Graduation

Certificate of Graduation

Certificate of Graduation

Certificate of Graduation here means an official document which attests a student completed its education program.

In Japan, a school usually issues a certificate as SOTSUGYO-SHOMEI-SHO upon requrest. It costs about 0-1,000 yen per copy.


Legalization is a process you are sometimes required before you submit a document to a foreign country. If you see words such as Legalization, Authentication, Attestation, Apostille, etc. in the instruction letter given to you, you may be required to get the document legalized before you submit it.

Type of Legalization in Japan


Japan is a member of Convention de La Haye du 5 octobre 1961, therefore Apostille is one of possible ways to legalize a document. In Japan, MOFA, Ministry of Foreign Affaiars, is in charge of Apostille.

Authentication by Japan MOFA + Authentication by Foreign Delegate in Japan

Besides Apostille, MOFA authenticates an official seal on public document such as a certificate of family register, school certificate, etc.

Authentication of Official Seals by Japanese MOFA should be followed by Authentication by Foreign Consul in Japan.

Inquiry Form

What we can do for you

As a registered Administrative Scrivener

"Gyoseishoshi", literally translated Administrative Scrivener, is a registered specialist in documentation, officially qualified by laws in Japan.

As a registered Administrative Scrivener, we can arrange:
- Legalization
- Notarization
- Translation
for you.


Legalization is the process at Japan MOFA and/or Foreign delegate in Japan before you submit the document in your home country or embassy. We are very pleased to assist you to get your document legalized in Tokyo.


Notarization is the process required before Legalization for a private document such as translation, power of attorney, etc.


We arrange English translation of the original Japanese document such as Family Register, Certificate of Acceptance, etc.


Type of Inquiry
Want to know the cost Want to order the service
Current situation
I am required to submit a legalized school certificate
Type of Legalization/Notarization
Apostille Consul Authentication Unknown
Purpose of use

Country the document finally goes to

Organization the document to be submitted

Document plan to use
Certificate of Graduation(Secondary School)
Certificate of Graduation(High School)
Certificate of Graduation(4-year College)
Certificate of Graduation(Graduate School/Master's)
Certificate of Graduation(Graduate School/Doctor's)
Other (please specify in "Comment" below.)
Name of School in Japan

Graduation Date
Month Year
Student who needs to get Certificate legalized
Current Address




About YOURSELF (if different from above)




Please wait for a couple of days for answer. If you do not receive any reply from us within two days, please ask us again.