Apostille on Family Register(koseki) アポスティーユ 戸籍 MOFA


Apostille on Family Register(koseki)

Apostille on Family Register in Japan

Apostille on Family Register

Apostille by Japanese MOFA can be obtained directly onto Family Register since Family Register is a public document issued by a head of a municipal government.

Apostille on Koseki

Apostille on English translation of Family Register

Apostille by MOFA cannot be obtained directly onto the translation of Family Register since a translation is not a public document but a private document. In order to get apostille on a translation, the document should be notarized at a notary office before Apostille by MOFA.

Apostille on translation of Koseki

Declaration is similar to a translation certificate and a translator will declare accuracy of translation and put his signature. A notary will certify that a translator signs on the declaration.

Once a notary certify a signature of translator, the document will become a public document. So the document will be legalized in the way of Apostille.

Apostille on Family Register in Japanese, and then Apostille on English translation

Apostille on original and translation

When you are required to submit a translation of Koseki

If you are required to submit a translation of koseki to a country which is a member of Hague convention, there are several combinations as below.


If you are required apostille only on a translation, X + S will be processed.

If you are required apostille both on an original and a translation, Y + S will be processed.

If you are required to get Apostille only on the original in Japanese, Y + P, that is only Y, will be processed.

Inquiry Form

What we can do for you

As a registered Administrative Scrivener

"Gyoseishoshi", literally translated Administrative Scrivener, is a registered specialist in documentation, officially qualified by laws in Japan.

As a registered Administrative Scrivener, we can arrange:
- Legalization
- Notarization
- Translation
for you.


Legalization is the process at Japan MOFA and/or Foreign delegate in Japan before you submit the document in your home country or embassy. We are very pleased to assist you to get your document legalized in Tokyo.


Notarization is the process required before Legalization for a private document such as translation, power of attorney, etc.


We arrange English translation of the original Japanese document such as Family Register, Certificate of Acceptance, etc.


Type of Inquiry
Want to know the cost Want to order the service
** Which document you plan to use **
Document plan to use
Family Register (only for Japanese or ex-Japanese)
Certificate of Acceptance / Juri-Shomeisho
Certificate of Matters stated in a written notification / Kisai-Jiko-Shomeisho
(Without specifing the document to be used, a quote cannot be created.)
Country the document finally goes to

Organization the document to be submitted


To certify birth To certify marriage
** What we should do on the document **
Type of Legalization/Notarization
Original in Japanese
Apostille Other
Apostille Notarization Signature of Translator
(Be sure to confirm what you are required by the organization where the document to be submitted.)
Person who is recorded in Family Register
Birth Date
Month Year

Registered Domicile

Municipal Office where Notification was submitted

Current Address




(eg: the num of family recorded in Family Register, etc)
About YOURSELF (if different from above)

Current Address




Please wait for a couple of days for answer. If you do not receive any reply from us within two days, please ask us again.